13 November 2012
For immediate release
WEST COAST ROCK LOBSTER SEASON ANNOUNCED
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF)has announced the new recreational fishing season for West Coast Rock Lobster.
The season for recreational fishing of west coast rock lobster will open on the 15thNovember 2012 and close on the 1stof April 2013.
- The following conditions for the west coast rock lobster recreational fishing season will apply;
- From the 15thof November to the 18thof November 2012, fishing will be allowed every day
- From the 19thof November to 14thof December, fishing will only be permitted on weekends
- From the 15thof December to the 31stof December, fishing will be allowed every day
- From the 1stof January 2013 to the 1stof April 2013, fishing will be allowed on weekends and on public holidays.
The bag limit has been set at four west coast rock lobsters per person per day and the size restriction is 80mm carapace length.
Permits will only be issued to persons above the age of 12 years.
Recreational permit-holders collecting and landing of west coast rock lobster may do so only between 08h00 – 16h00.The rock lobsters must be landed by 16:00.
Any west coast rock lobster caught, collected or transported shall be kept in a whole state.West coast rock lobster caught with a recreational permit may not be sold by any person.
Recreational rock lobster permits are obtainable from thePost Office or from the Department’s Customer Services Centre at a cost of R92, 00 per permit and is valid for the entire recreational fishing season.
2012-2013 WCRL Recreational fishing seasonDownload