The fishing community is a close-knit community and our reputation of honesty and integrity is evident in the fact that our supply base grows predominantly by word of mouth.
Services provided by Inkosi Keta to the rightholders of the local communities:
- The factory provides a processing facility to enable the local fishers to market their quota on the overseas market and in turn maximizing financial gain from their allocation;
- Assisting with their applications for West Coast Rock Lobster rights and permits, including all necessary supporting documentation;
- On-going training with regard to the handling of the product;
- Collection of the Rock Lobster from the various harbours in the Western Cape;
- Transportation of the product from the harbours to holding facilities;
- Storing, caring for and monitoring of the Rock Lobster until such time as it is sold;
- Processing facility for the Lobster.
- The efficient handling of the lobster ie the time taken to return it to salt water after harvesting is critical in the delivery of a high quality product.
Inkosi Keta plays an integral part in the social and independent upliftment of the local previously disadvantaged communities and looks forward to continual growth not only of its team and facility but also of social commitment to these communities
On a Social level:
- We guide them in using the quota allocation to better their quality of life and standard of living
- Rightholders are offered an opportunity to invest in the factory
- We encourage them to open and manage their own bank accounts
- We encourage them to receive their WCRL remuneration in 12 instalments thereby ensuring regular monthly income for the year
- We provide monetary assistance during the year for financial emergencies
Inkosi Keta plays an integral part in the social and independent upliftment of the local previously disadvantaged communities and looks forward to continual growth not only of its team and facility but also of social commitment to these communities.